“Bringing innovative solutions to Australian agricultural investment”
Investing in Australian Agriculture
Australia offers a world of opportunity for investors to succeed. Investors can expect a stable and efficient regulatory environment, a highly skilled and multi-lingual workforce and a culture of innovation. Our unparalleled economic record, world class industry capabilities and unique cultural and geographic advantages in the worlds fastest growing region all form part of Australia’s impressive reputation as an investment destination.
Australia is a major agricultural producer and exporter
- Agricultural sector earns $155 billion a year for a 12% share of GDP
- Australian farmers and graziers own approx 135,000 farms, covering 61% of Australia’s landmass
- There is a mix of grazing, irrigation and dry land farming
- Australian farmers export around 60% of what they grow and produce export earnings of 32.5 billion annually
- Australia still offers a rural land investment environment where land values are supported by their respective earnings potential
- Rural property as an inflation hedge has provided significant capital growth over the last 10 years
- Over the 30 year period from 1983 to 2013, the average annual productivity growth in the agricultural sector of Australia was 2.8%, which was only exceeded by the telecommunications and information technology industries over the same period.